Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Elective 3 [Shooting Sports]

Back in February, we took a little trip down to... well I'm not quite sure WHERE it was, but it was rather close to Austin. Anyway, I digress, we had a campout to learn to shoot some weapons. Well mostly. Everyone else who was able to go sat through the gun course and prepared to enjoy some handgun and rifle action (while surviving a night of pouring, tremendous rain). Myself? I was right in time to develop my archery skills. The training for that took little more than 10 minutes, and after some practice shots it was time to shoot for qualification. While the exact numbers escape me, I made the goal and passed. I knew the range commands (whistles), the safety rules, and even the parts of a bow. I was ready.

Later in March, the second part of our campout occurred where it was time to Turn and Teach. Yaaay! The Mustang District Camporee was a fantastic time to man the shooting range, teach the kids the same thing we went through and watch them get their little bull's eye... well mostly. Well sort of. Well maybe a couple. Point is we taught those kids how to shoot and they seemed happy about it. Some even seemed good at it. We were quite fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment